A tour operator typically combines tour and travel components to create a package holiday. They advertise and produce brochures to promote their products, holidays and itineraries.Assam has several reputed and experienced tour operators operating across the length and breadth of the state to suit all budgets.The licensing of all tour operators will be mandatory and no one can operate in Assam without grant of license, irrespective of the size of business turnove
- Head Office of the Tour Operating Agencies should be situated in Assam.
- The minimum office space should be at least 200 sq. ft. Besides, the office should be located in neat and clean surroundings and equipped with telephone, fax and computer/computer reservation system etc. There should be sufficient space for reception and easy access to toilets.
- The applicant should have a Permanent Account No. (PAN) and should have Service Tax No.
Guidelines for filling the form
As per the Guidelines of Assam Tourism enclosed within : Click here
A draft of Rs. 2000/- as license fee (non refundable) is required to be paid.
For New Travel Agency / Tour Operator ( Less than 1 year of Operation)
- Trade License
- Permanent Account No. (PAN)
- Tenancy Agreement paper if on rent.
- Partnership Deed in case of Partnership Business.
- Certificate of Incoporation in case of company.
- Certificate of Degree/Diploma in Travel and Tourism from recognised University/ITTM/Institution approved by AICTE or 3 years working experience in Travel and Tourism Industry. ( at least one employee).
- Details of the Employees of the organisation.
- Photographs of the office premise.
- Prescribed Form in Schedule I
For existing Travel Agency/ Tour Operator ( More than 1 year of operation)
1. Above mentioned all documents
2. Up to date Income Tax Return paper.
3. Balance sheet.
- The license shall be granted for three years and renewal thereof after every three years on the application of renewal submitted.
How to apply
Application for licensing shall be addressed to the Director of Tourism, Assam, Station Road, Panbazar, Guwahati – 781001, Assam. The application is given in Schedule I. A draft of Rs. 2000/- as license fee (non refundable) in the name of Director of Tourism, Assam, station road, Panbazar, Guwahati – 1 have to be enclosed with the application form.
Type of Service
Forms to be filled
Directorate of Tourism, Govt. of Assam Station Road, Guwahati 781001
Phone: +91-361- 2547102 / 2542748